Thread: Interest Rates

Interest Rates

In this morning's WSJ is an article on the FED and interest rates. The emerging thinking is that the market "over anticipated" cuts. Cuts now seem to be less likely in both numbers this year and degree of cuts.

That corresponds to slight upward move in CD rates. CDs of 10 months are at 5.1% plus or minus---a touch above their recent "low".

My guess is that Jerome Powell might be getting a few calls from those on the left urging a little more downward movement in the Fed rate.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    CDs of 10 months are at 5.1% plus or minus...
    Good: Bleeds down to checking/bank accounts where Joe Blow has money stashed.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

This Joe Blow keeps just enough in Wells Fargo to avoid their insidious fees
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Exactamundo.

Fees are where it's at now, from Las Vegas to your store & gas station.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead