Thread: Eastman just got disbarred

Eastman just got disbarred

with the finding under state law his Lic to practice law is revoked immediately and stays that way until review by the state supreme court

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/27/polit...red/index.html
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

From your link:

“Eastman failed to uphold his primary duty of honesty and breached his ethical obligations by presenting falsehoods to bolster his legal arguments,” Roland wrote.

“In sum, Eastman exhibited gross negligence by making false statements about the 2020 election without conducting any meaningful investigation or verification of the information he was relying upon,” she wrote.

The judge also rejected Eastman’s efforts to argue that he believed lies about election fraud were true, writing that “Eastman cannot avoid culpability through his willful blindness—willful blindness that is tantamount to Eastman’s actual knowledge that the allegations regarding hidden ballots were false.”
    It would be encouraging if the string of actions against trump's legal "advisors" makes those in the future find honesty a better choice.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Jeffery Clark ex DOJ lawyer and Trump supporter at his disbarment inquiry

Quoting Trump. only the guilty take the 5th
    yet he did many times
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...ing-rcna145341
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Any potential satisfaction with his disbarment is more than offset by how sad it is that such a self-inflicted mortal wound occurs.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

From the link on clark:

WASHINGTON — An environmental lawyer whom Donald Trump wanted to take over the Justice Department in the days before the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol repeatedly asserted his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination during a disbarment hearing Wednesday.

Jeffrey Clark, a former Justice Department civil lawyer with no criminal law experience, had wanted to investigate a conspiracy theory that the 2020 election was stolen, including via smart thermostats. Just hours before the attack on Jan. 6, 2021, Trump nearly made Clark the acting attorney general but backed off when Justice Department leadership threatened to resign en masse.
    Thank the Lord for honest and principled people still in government.

As for clark----that can best be summed up by one idiot's blind ambitions shoring up trump's idiotic and illegal dreams.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It’s official: John Eastman, Trump’s former lawyer, can no longer practice law in the state of California, pending his appeal through California’s courts.

As of Tuesday, Eastman is listed as “not eligible to practice law” on the State Bar of California’s website. The move comes three days after State Bar Court of California Judge Yvette Roland recommended that Eastman’s law license be put on “involuntary inactive” status.

Clean your desk out Doc.

"Eastman – who has spent his career as a law professor and a frequent author of Supreme Court amicus briefs..."
    - CNN

And yet he claimed ignorance - which is what sunk his claims. He knew better (all of them did).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

and now to the Jeffrey Clark disbarment hearing

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...tio-rcna146290

Interesting read in that link

My own thoughts about jeffrey clark----he was the Willy Loman of the DOJ. He saw a chance to become who he thought he should have been. In a sense, he has gained the notoriety he believed he was due----just not in the vein he imagined