Thread: One of the good guys

One of the good guys

I regarded him as one of the better Democrats--I think he was honest and principled. RIP sir:

Joe Lieberman, a longtime senator from Connecticut who became the first Jewish American to be nominated on a major party’s ticket, died Wednesday. He was 82.

Lieberman's family stated that he died "due to complications from a fall. He was 82 years old. His beloved wife, Hadassah, and members of his family were with him as he passed."

Halfway through his 24-year Senate career, Lieberman was chosen as Al Gore’s running mate for the 2000 presidential election. The ticket lost one of the closest elections in American history. “No Jew had ever sought such a lofty office,” wrote the authors of “Jews in American Politics.”
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

He walked the walk:

"Of his criticism of Bill Clinton, Lieberman said in 2014: It was a very hard thing for me to do because I liked him but I really felt what he did was awful and that unless I felt myself if I didn't say something, I'd be a hypocrite. I also felt that if somebody who was supportive of him didn't say something, it would not be good."
    - Wikipedia

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

RIP Senator......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Was my hope for him to be vp on the John McCain ticket. Sadly we missed a chance at that.
    Rip Joe.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'