Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things change

Things change

My wife is about to get her second knee replaced----both hips and her other knee have already gone to wherever worn out parts go

She went to a rehab center for a period after each----but no more Medicare now considers a knee replacement as outpatient surgery---unless you get both done at the same time, then you can stay over night. In any case a stay in a rehab facility----what is that?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My wife used to work in this hospital before being lured away to the big city and big bucks, so yesterday she worked the phone and managed a one night stay followed by rehab at another facility. She is out of surgery.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

So... with the overnight stay, hence both knees?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    So... with the overnight stay, hence both knees?

Hunter
    No---she only had one to do----she overnighted because she "worked the room"

Not something I would do---but not for me to say. I will say that she was in a lot of pain when they brought her up to her room---I can't imagine trying to load her in the car and bringing her home

What is the prognosis for complete recovery, Dave?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I think high. Her first one was not perfect, she has a limited range of motion due to scar tissue from previous knee surgeries. This knee did not have that problem.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Good luck “Ms G”.. had one knee done.. better than before surgery but no where close to what they advertised.. also have range of motion issues but more complex, weird even issues..

Stayed two nights , first night the overdosed me on oxy.. in the morning I couldn’t drink coffee, couldn’t get the cup from table to mouth without forgetting what I was doing.. somehow I missed the “fun” part of oxy abuse, it wasn’t fun.. not even a little..

Car.. sit sideways in back seat with “boo-boo” leg laying against the seat back..

Good luck..

Thank you!

She did not have a good night and is on oxy for the pain. The plan now is to send her to a rehab latter today----I asked her to use a transport service to avoid trying to get into the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...first one was not perfect.
    Perhaps resultant scar tissue is routinely problematic. My SIL just a knee redone to remove her scar tissue.

Hunter

Hope she progresses fast. Don't you guy's have a boat trip scheduled in May-June?

Must say they sent me home with oxy and I maybe took that for a week before cutting that dose in half. Later only took a half pill before excerise when that first started.

They make a door handle thingy. May help getting in and out. https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg
    It's under car door handle for elderly in Amazon.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Best wishes for good results with a speedy recovery.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks everyone

To your question Fred---we leave on May 11 and get back June 1. I hope my wife mends well---I'd hate to have to go alone

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I hope my wife mends well---I'd hate to have to go alone
    We would hate to have you come home to find the locks changed and someone else living there......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    We would hate to have you come home to find the locks changed and someone else living there......Ben
    I'd be nice---I'd bring her a tee shirt