Thread: trump's money problems are deeper than just the NY judgements against him

Thumbs up trump's money problems are deeper than just the NY judgements against him

trump's campaign---and the RNC are jointly facing a cash crunch and they are finding the past income sources are drying up. Small donors seem to be tired of being asked to shore up trump over and over and are not (or cannot) blindly send in more money. Possibly more important is that big donors are turning away. trump's Save America PAC who has paid $24 million of trump's legal bills in the last 6 months is having their own difficulty.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

In my Sunday reading:

As expected, Trump’s team has reorganized the Republican National Committee’s donation system, arranging for maximum donations to go first to Trump’s presidential campaign, then to Trump’s Save America political action committee, and finally to the RNC to elect down ballot candidates. The Save America PAC pays Trump’s legal bills. So far in 2024 it has spent $8.5 million on them. In essence, this new flow means Trump is using the RNC to raise money that is then diverted to him.
    This morning, conservative lawyer George Conway suggested that “we should stop defiling the memory of the party of Lincoln by referring to the current organization” as the Republican Party.
    In this case I am in full agreement with George----they need to take up their real banner-----it is the rino party
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

This can't last. It just can't.

We have to hope the Republican party reclaims their standing and moves on past 45. It's necessary and inevitable.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

From today's NYT:

Stock in Trump’s social media company fell yesterday. It’s down 60 percent since its first day of trading last month.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    This can't last. It just can't.

We have to hope the Republican party reclaims their standing and moves on past 45. It's necessary and inevitable.

Hunter
    The Republican party is permanently tainted. The best thing would be for the real Republicans to start a new party and leave the trash heap Trump has created to compost and eventually disappear.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The Republican party is permanently tainted. The best thing would be for the real Republicans to start a new party and leave the trash heap Trump has created to compost and eventually disappear.
    Exactly

Always a need for two parties. When one or the other gets their groups going the far out version there needs to be more middle of the road from each to control the others hasn't happened in a long time nor do I expect it to be resolved in the near future.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

It is possible the next Presidential election cycle will de-escalate some of the more vocal outliers. But, probable? We shall see (hope remains). As it sits, 45's backers will claim fraud occurred. That's the only outcome I'm willing to predict at this time.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I wish I had Trump's "money problems".
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Not me---there isn't an honest dollar in the pot

At the end, the POS will get his due reward.

Well---maybe the Bible scam is petering out

So---now trump moves on to the next scam:

WASHINGTON - Donald Trump is trying to bring into politics a phenomenon that's taking off in college athletics: money for use of the former president's name, image and likeness in campaign ads.

In a letter this week, the Trump presidential campaign asked all down-ballot GOP campaigns for at least a 5% cut of the money raised from advertising that features the party's 2024 presumptive White House nominee.

"We ask that all candidates and committees who choose to use President Trump’s name, image, and likeness split a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC," said the April 15 letter signed by campaign co-campaign managers Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita.

Somehow the idea of greased palms on a climb to the top would seem to be a hindrance rather than an aid...But what do I know about politics?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Apparently, you know what's necessary, Ben. Greased palms describes modern American politics aptly.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Well---maybe the Bible scam is petering out

So---now trump moves on to the next scam:

All presidential races and other major federal elections are nothing more than scams since they're all liars who only seek to be reelected. Trump is no different than the incompetent mentally impaired Biden. Folks will pay their money to who they think will represent them when in fact nobody will. It's a machine that needs to be disabled.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.