Thread: I guess you could say he got cold feet

Exclamation I guess you could say he got cold feet

A student persuaded by his friend to get his legs amputated for a $1.3 million insurance scam wound up getting only $7,200 that he now has to return: prosecutors

His friend urged him to soak his feet for 10 hours in a bucket of dry ice to get frostbite, per investigators.

But the plan backfired when medical staff thought his injuries seemed suspicious.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

A fruitless way to find out he did not have a, you know, to stand on.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

As Taiwan is a subtropical region, cases of severe frostbite requiring amputation are unheard of due to natural climatic conditions
    It might have been wise to get a weather report first......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    When I was about 11 or 12 I had a paper route.. the newspaper company provided life and injury insurance and paperwork explaining the insurance.. $ for losing a finger.. $$ for losing a hand..

I figured that to get enough $$$ to buy a mini-bike that I would have to lose so many body parts that I would be unable to ride the mini-bike..

Still have all of my body parts.. (except what the dermatologist lops off, she likes my ears..