Thread: Mud sales----a right of early spring

Mud sales----a right of early spring

This is a reasonably good article about the Amish in general.

I haven't been to a mud sale in probably 10 years---it wasn't worth the grief of having to justify why I needed what followed me home

The Amish are the fastest growing religious community in the US----followed by the LDS. Amish average 7.1 children----without a TV you have to find ways of establishing your own entertainment
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sound like I'd enjoyed it years ago. Now what do I do with any of those things.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	40129

The plow shown here is a combination of the old and the new. It is called a left/right sulky plow, meaning that it has two bottoms which will throw the plowed soil either right or left. You can return in the same furrow you just made---unlike a conventional plow which will throw the soil the opposite way on the return. That means you have a land on the right and another land some distance away also on the right when you go back the opposite direction.

When those two lands close you have a "dead furrow"---and that requires a bit of fancy plow work to close up. The left/right plow avoids all of that.

What makes that plow a bit unique is the hydraulic lift on the individual plows----I'm sure driven off the wheels.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Fascinating how some Humans will structure their lives around cognitive beliefs they learned from others. And, rather than hampering their efforts to live amongst us, they thrive. That ability says as much about us as it does them - cause not all societies (e.g., Dictatorial/Communist) would allow this.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead