Thread: Footage from a huge Russian loss...

Footage from a huge Russian loss...

There were a lot of video cameras prepared to capture Putin's latest loss......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Bluntly, if Putin loses, the Free World is winning.

Having said that, the loss of 15 lives is unfortunate. Hopefully, their family members will get the same kind of support our military families do.

Yeah, they were military personnel, but that doesn't mean they support Putin or his allies (and I'm not implying you think they did). I was once in the military/government sector and did not perform my job differently based upon who was running our government - and highly doubt these service men/women did too.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Bluntly, if Putin loses, the Free World is winning.

Having said that, the loss of 15 lives is unfortunate. Hopefully, their family members will get the same kind of support our military families do.

Yeah, they were military personnel, but that doesn't mean they support Putin or his allies (and I'm not implying you think they did).
    That's understood, and being in contact with a particular ex-patriate family for a couple of years (they saw this coming and are still making their way across Europe) I'm seeing the effects of the war from a different point of view than I once might have...I'll add that eight of the lives lost were military who had no choice but to be aboard the doomed aircraft...The other seven, although unidentified as such, are said to have been civilians (probably with political assignments) who were likely aboard with little choice but to be there...The Belgorod Oblast where the incident occurred is one of the areas through which my friends passed and were trapped for a time...Currently they are in Montenegro with secure visas, and will likely go separate ways from there......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Nice follow up, Ben.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Good for your friends Ben

Things have not been going well for our Ukrainian friends----but now Biden seems to have figured out a way around our dysfunctional House and is sending more tools.

I saw something this morning---yet unread in detail---about fighting going on inside Russia near the Ukrainian border---the combatants are Russian protestors
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CalvinAndHobbes_DoingAnInsanityUnlimitedOnWar-4268247217.gif 
Views:	16 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	40127 Just another example of the " cartoons " telling it like it is .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

It appears Vlad has suffered yet another loss...Three of his generals lost their lives in a recent Ukrainian strike...He has vowed revenge against those responsible...

And since it is he who is in fact responsible for the deaths, I can suggest a very expedient way to achieve that revenge...Just step over here on this trap door, and it will be all over in an instant Mr. Chairman......Ben

Well, since he could be the one responsible for their deaths (were high buildings involved?) - we shall see.

Hunter