Thread: paying it forward

paying it forward

sometimes your eyes see what you had not seen and it makes you want to do something.

I was picking up a client from a Senior housing complex and there were 20 or so folks standing out by the main office . I asked my client what was going on. She said they were waiting for the Friday food truck to come as they were all on fixed incomes.

So it touched me. I'm baking a lot of loaves of sourdough bread to add something special for them this coming Friday

so far
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sourdough for seniors.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	40118

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Hey! I'm old too you know...But I can't have the stuff...The nice lady married to the buddy whose tables I help with on gun show weekends was kind enough to bake me a loaf of sourdough bread, but even a little spiked my blood sugar to an all time high...So I gave the remainder to my tenant who loved it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Extraordinarily nice.

I came onsite today to do a thread about the value of Firefighters & other First Responders to our society. No need, as we can see the value displayed before us.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

and here is tomorrows delivery. The 4 on the rack just came out of the oven. It was a lot of work and I hope it puts some smiles on some faces

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Looks good. Hope they enjoy the bread and effort you put in for them.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Great job.. gooks so good..

Just a thought.. if these are going to singles or couples at a “geezerville”.. maybe slice the loaves in half ..I’m a bread lover and an over eater, I would have a hard time eating an entire loaf before it went stale (why Poor Italians “dunk” their toast, eating yesterday stale bread)

It was so cool seeing all the smiles on everyone's face when I passed out the bread

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Bravo Zulu..

(Ms T will translate, if needed)

Yea, well done indeed. Labeling perfection.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead