Thread: Liar liar pants on fire

Liar liar pants on fire

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Retired in 2019 and was "demoted" in 2022. In real life, you can't demote someone who no longer works for you. I don't give a damn about what the military says it can do to ex-employees. I call BS.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I find it interesting he was promoted in rank by Obama - who would have had his WH staff check Jackson out.

Money: If the demotion is official, his retirement pay is impacted. After 30 years of service (when 20 is required) that's harsh. In general, US Military retirement pay is 2.5 percent of yearly salary. At 20 years it's 50%. At 30 years it's 75%.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Retired in 2019 and was "demoted" in 2022. In real life, you can't demote someone who no longer works for you. I don't give a damn about what the military says it can do to ex-employees. I call BS.
    The military is "special". You can leave but you aren't done! I returned to the US in the spring of 1965 with my three year "enlistment" satisfied and was separated from the Army the same day I hit the USA

But---I wasn't done, I was transferred to the inactive reserve---for another three years. Anyone goes through a similar ritual.

It is possible that he is still in the reserve.

Unfortunately, in my case they recalled me before my six years were up. I ended up getting out of it since by that time I was in college studying engineering. A friend (infantry LT) was recalled the same day---he was in business and could not get out of it---he never came back

I also remember my daughter had to actually resign her commission to be fully done.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Ruth got out around 90. after 911 the Navy wanted her back, short on Carrier Pilots I guess. Her knee was damaged from skiing and she politely declined as she would not be able to work the rudder pedals. They said enjoy your retirement LT.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Something to keep in mind---that story comes from the "Navy Times".

I was Honorably discharged as 4F (knees). Learned I was being tracked when the Army, after I graduated college, notified me they'd promote me to Lieutenant and pay off all my student debt. I declined the offer.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Navy retirement is different.. He never resigned his commission.. he transferred to “the retired list”.. he is still subject to the UCMJ.. Enlisted personnel have a two step process.. first they transfer to “the fleet reserve” where they are subject to recall then after a period of time they are retired..

And yes.. there is probably some BS involved.. (also lack of support from his “network” )

There was talk of recalling LtGen Michael Flynn and court marshaling him, to take away his pension, but General Flynn had enough support that the idea was dropped.. and it would have been much more public and all around nasty than the Rear Admirals ….

BTW.. Navy Times newspaper family is the origin of today’s Washington Examiner…. I believe that there is now a corporate separation but Examiner did spring from the Journal newspaper family ((Arlington Journal, Alexandria Journal etc) that were started by the Navy, Army, AF Times..

BTW.. Navy Times newspaper family is the origin of today’s Washington Examiner…. I believe that there is now a corporate separation but Examiner did spring from the Journal newspaper family ((Arlington Journal, Alexandria Journal etc) that were started by the Navy, Army, AF Times..
    Well---that sure raises a yellow flag of caution for me!

As I remember.. .. Navy/Army times had a printing plant in Springfield Va, just inside the beltway where I-395/I-95 and I-495 all meet.. the Navy/Army times had some weekly “driveway” papers, the Journals .. and some advertising papers..

the Washington Evening Star, afternoon newspaper stopped publishing And the Journal newspapers went daily to fill the void.. delivered via post office.. then years later the Journal newspapers stopped publishing and the Washington Examiner appeared, originally was a freebie at subway entrance (Washington Post had a free competitor) and newspaper boxes at random locations…. Then both free subway papers stopped and Washington Examiner went weekly using boxes..at subway entrance.. now just on line.. was some corporate shuffling but I can’t remember details..

I was aware of some of that---I thought it should have sent a message to the Examiner when they couldn't even give it away

In the Examiner’s defense.. wowzers, that was hard to type.. anyway.. the Washington Post and Epoch both also stopped their freebies.. now the only freebies at the subway is the apartment rental guide..