Thread: From "X"

From "X"

Duty To Warn 🔉
    @duty2warn
    History will speak to the cult; how easily they were gaslit; how they embraced the most flawed leader in cult history. How they rallied around grievance; and culture; railed against their own interests; believed an obvious con. But the true disaster was normalization of a madman.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I have two MAGA family members who have cut off the rest of us who disagree with them politically. It's frustrating, but I remind myself it's their right to do so.

What we can do is take care of our families/friends and "Keep Swimming" to help our Country make it through this rough patch (a gross understatement, I know). We continue to work, pay taxes and follow the law. It will be foolish for retaliation to occur.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    At a social function recently an old acquaintance made an outrageous and incorrect statement.. I was caught by surprise and responded that the basic issue that he addressed did happen but that the severity of his description wasn’t actually factual, I thought that I was being pretty non confrontational.. shortly after I overheard a buddy’s wife ask my buddy I’d I was “one of those woke libs”? …. (Original discussion had nothing to do “wokeness”)

My point is that we have a large portion of the population that become very opinionated, often without researching their opinions.. and are making everything personal..

I have long avoided this confrontation with family and friends---but I can no longer do that. The potential value of confronting these falsehoods drives me past the risk.

My SIL is a very bright man (just look at who he married )---but he spent 20+ years in the AF and now continues as a pilot for United----aside mostly ex Air Force pilots and his politics reflect that group. Recently I challenged his "facts" on NATO and trump's claims of "payments" by member countries. He gave me the "trump truth"---I did not continue a rebuttal at that point. I waited a few days and then sent him an email of facts concerning the trump claim and the truth. A few days latter I got a "submission note" from him. There will be more of these--I am committed to help him become uncomfortable in trump's arena of lies.

A similar thing took place with my youngest son---with a similar outcome

One at a time
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis