Thread: Congressional upmanship

Congressional upmanship

While mike johnson runs off to Mar-a-Lago to seek "insight" from his god-----lauren boebert appeals to a higher authority:

Lauren Boebert said she turned to God for guidance in her decision to switch congressional districts.

Boebert left Colorado's 3rd congressional district for its 4th congressional district.

Boebert said God told her to press on with the decision.

Switching congressional districts wasn't an easy decision, says Rep. Lauren Boebert, who revealed that she'd asked God for advice.

"I'm not dumb. I knew all the attacks that would come my way," Boebert told The Washington Post in an interview published Sunday.

"But I talked to God, I asked, 'How do I address this? Will this be perceived that I'm not fighting?' And God said, 'Do you have more faith in your ability to fight or my ability to open a door?'" Boebert continued.

The Colorado Republican announced in December that she would be switching congressional districts. Boebert said she would leave her existing seat in Colorado's 3rd congressional district for the more conservative 4th congressional district instead.
    Far be it from me to question anything this lady does
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Boebert said she would leave her existing seat in Colorado's 3rd congressional district for the more conservative 4th congressional district instead.
    I was unaware that feeling up your date and vaping in a public theater were part of the conservative agenda now...I should learn to keep up with the times......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Must be an age thing my friend----I had the same struggle
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I've met people who heard God speak. They were schizophrenic. Meds helped.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I've met people who heard God speak. They were schizophrenic. Meds helped.

Hunter
    Wait a minute...Are you telling me I didn't really hear a voice say, "Gather unto ye all the S&W revolvers of the world?"......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...