Thread: In your face putin

In your face putin

From my real Republican US Rep, Brian Fitzpatrick Weekly update:

Along with my colleague Mike Quigley (IL-5), I was proud to introduce legislation to rename a section of the street near the Russian Ambassador to the United States’ residence as “Alexei Navalny Way.” Navalny was an opposition leader and anticorruption activist who led the political opposition against Russian President Vladimir Putin for more than a decade. Putin tried to silence him by poison and later by imprisonment in remote Russia, where he continued to advocate for a free Russia. On February 16, 2024, Navalny died in a prison near the Arctic Circle, according to Russian authorities. There is no doubt or question that Vladimir Putin is responsible for the murder of Alexei Navalny. Determined to create a truly democratic Russia, Navalny exposed the oppression and corruption of Putin’s dictatorial regime. In recognition of his ultimate sacrifice, I am proud to lead my colleagues in introducing this bipartisan, bicameral bill to rename the street adjacent to the Russian Ambassador’s residence in our nation’s capital as ‘Alexei Navalny Way.’ The United States must continue to stand up for those fighting for freedom in Russia and stand strong with our ally Ukraine in the mission to defeat Putin’s vision of brutally subjugating all of Eastern Europe.
    I wonder how many rino reps are seeking guidance from trump and tucker carlson about how to vote

But---then again mike johnson might be instructed to never allow it to come to the floor for a vote
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I like this...And all it costs the taxpayer is the cost to produce and install new street signs, plus the stamps and stationary to inform the Russkie ambassador of his change of address if he expects to receive further instructions from the Kremlin via US Mail......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'd be happy to donate the cost of the signs---just to remove the possible diversion
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Works for me.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead