Thread: From one of my sons

From one of my sons

....with a note saying this should bring back memories: https://www.instagram.com/eightlugma...l/C36YwBEL9u3/

I am not sure of the year on that Pete---I could not get a good look at the headlights. I think it is latter than claimed on the video.

Ironically, this week my wife asked me if I missed spending my weekends moving machinery My lowbed tractor was a tri-axle (front rear axle was a lift axle) but not nearly as well endowed with the shinny "bling" stuff---it was just paint

If not used up by moves, I spent the remainder of the weekends servicing machines----on site---not in a shop. I'd take my kids with me so I could have some time with them. When they were very young I left them in the service truck in a car seat.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    When they were very young I left them in the service truck in a car seat.
    You spoiled them...They could have been wiping down wrenches...

In the video did the driver cut the corner a mite sharp?...It looked like that heavily loaded trailer could have dipped the low side wheels into some soft dirt with maybe unexpected results...But the video ended at that point......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    You spoiled them...They could have been wiping down wrenches...
    The older siblings were doing just that

In the video did the driver cut the corner a mite sharp?...It looked like that heavily loaded trailer could have dipped the low side wheels into some soft dirt with maybe unexpected results...But the video ended at that point......Ben
    He did---and it can quickly get much worse than just the tires. There is a bigger problem---the frame of the trailer is so close to the ground it will hang up quickly.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Outstanding sound quality of the truck (& the vid).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    There is a bigger problem---the frame of the trailer is so close to the ground it will hang up quickly.
    In my travels I frequently see signs warning of such at RR crossings on farm to market roads......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    In my travels I frequently see signs warning of such at RR crossings on farm to market roads......Ben
    I had that problem-----but I have no need to repeat another snarky midnight attack from the village drunk---so I wont go there

I will tell you that on those trailers that have a detachable goose neck you can "hump" them about 6" and unless you have really landed hard it is enough to allow you to at least back off. At that point, the biggest concern is when is the next train due