Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NRA: NY AG files corruption charge against Wayne

NRA: NY AG files corruption charge against Wayne

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I encourage every NRA member to read that article---you owe it to yourself.

As long as le pew remains, the organization will continue to rot from the inside out.

What a shot

https://www.newyorker.com/video/watc...ting-elephants
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

While I believe this to be politically motivated, I have called for his ouster for many years partially due to his misappropriation of funds and self-enrichment. I will happily wave goodbye.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'd like to wave good bye with the toe of my boot
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I encourage every NRA member to read that article---you owe it to yourself.
    No can do, I'm locked out......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    No can do, I'm locked out......Ben
    If you send me your email I will send you an open link----which I thought that is what Eric posted.

You should have it Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    While I believe this to be politically motivated,.
    The department of Justice has been weaponized going on 6 years now.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    You should have it Ben
    So far, no...I checked the spam locker too......Ben

EDIT: Just got it, thanks Dave...
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I suppose my first clue as to Mr. LaPierre's integrity should have been the ringing endorsement from a former and ill-chosen business partner of mine who said he went to school with him in Virginia...I neglected to ask if the name of the school had the word "reform" in it......Ben

I find the Elephant Hunt story interesting. But, gotta ask, what does one do with a dead Elephant?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I might not be the best to answer this since I never had an urge to hunt in Africa

That said, I believe that the meat is given to the locals (bush meat) and the hunters take whatever they want to have mounted----up to and including an elephants head! As I write that I'm thinking someone has had to have a full mount

I used to shoot trap and skeet at a family business in Mi., the William's Gun Site Co. Think in terms of a Country Club, golf course and club house and then sub shooting ranges in place of the golf course. The "club house" was covered with mounts of the wild kingdom---from all over the world. One of he things that most impressed me at the time was end tables made from elephant legs

As far as giving the meat away, I did the same in Alaska. I only brought small amounts home to share. The cost of having an animal butchered and shipped from there is extreme, I would expect Africa would be even more.

I know not everyone has the same opinion of animal mounts---and I understand that. On a Caribou hunt in Alaska I brought home a very nice and large rack in checked baggage. While in the check-in line in Anchorage there were two older ladies behind me and they were both very complimentary and wanted to know were I had been hunting. Fast forward to Newark airport and I am standing outside of baggage claim waiting for my wife to come around with the truck---I can't tell you how many nasty comments I had in a few minutes!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tundra.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	40040

Added in edit:
    Specific to the le pew video----one of the reasons I never wanted to hunt Africa was that you can only hunt with a guide---and I don't like doing that. The same applies to fishing. I fished with one guide who insisted that his mate would take the rod and set the hook, once he knew the hook was good then he would hand the rod over---not me pal---you hook it , you bring it in, I want nothing to do with it
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-03-2024 at 01:38 PM.

Yeah, and it's interesting to see how different family groups distribute & share the meat. Wifey's family had a rule that if one of them bagged an animal - the whole family ate it. That ranged from rabbits to birds (of all kinds) as well as the occasional squirrel & coyote. Her brother was an avid hunter who perpetually dragged dead animals home.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I've never heard of anyone eating Coyote before.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I've never heard of anyone eating Coyote before.
    Put mine in a to-go box, and I'll drop it off at the homeless shelter on my way to Whataburger......Ben