Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NRA: NY AG files corruption charge against Wayne

I have eaten dog---so I guess that is in the same "family".
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wife's brother was an old Hippy & knew his way around the Desert and Highlands. He could live out on the trail - bagging enough food to eat as often as he liked. I went out on the trail with him a few times to learn what I could from him. I liked him - but Wifey says I didn't have to live with him.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Little Big Man, Dustin Hoffman 1970.. one of my favorite quotes

“ I was an honored guest, so they gave me a special treat: boiled dog. Now I will admit, dog is greasy, but you'd be surprised how downright delicate the flavor is - especially when you're starving”

La Pierre resigns effective the end of this month!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    La Pierre resigns effective the end of this month!
    What's wrong with today?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Golden parachute?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Golden parachute?
    He's had one for years

Dammit - where's our golden parachutes? Oh, that's right, we worked and saved all those years so we could afford to retire.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I have to admit that when I got the axe in 2003 it was done with great respect----and a very nice golden parachute. That said---le pew deserves neither

I hope the NRA sues him.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I don't expect that to happen----but I would be very happy to be wrong!

Wow! Per Wikipedia, he was earning $5,110,985 a year when he resigned.

Hunter

I don't expect so either. But it would be nice to recover some of the money he stole.

holy ****. the 4 of them pilfered up to 64 million in 3 years

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-r-rcna132095
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

"The lawsuit alleges that LaPierre diverted millions of dollars away from the group’s charitable mission for his personal use of private jets, expensive meals, travel consultants, private security and trips to the Bahamas for him and his family."
    - NBC News

Money isn't the root of all evil, but some people make getting as much of it as possible a primary goal. At what point is it enough? Interestingly, jurors in his trial will be able to set amounts he'll be required to pay back to the NRA.

Hunter